Loan Servicing Manager
Loan Servicing Manager
Jewett City Savings Bank is a full-service Connecticut financial institution that has been part of our community since 1873. We are dedicated to providing financial services of the highest quality and value to our customers. We have thrived as an independent mutual savings bank by being financially responsible and remaining committed to our mission.
We are seeking an experienced Loan Servicing Manager with strong experience in all aspect of loan operations including the supervision of loan servicing, payment posting, loan booking and system review as well as oversight of residential and consumer loan processing, underwriting, closing, and post-closing review in the most cost-effective manner consistent with good customer service, compliance, and sound controls.
- Manage the daily operations of the department in an efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for research, development, implementation and ongoing oversight of loan servicing related projects and programs through analysis and use of the bank’s core loan servicing system.
- Oversee and approve residential and consumer loans within bank policies and establish lending authority.
- Establish and maintain an efficient and productive working environment within the department based on continuous and effective staff communication. Achieve established departmental goals within defined timelines, as well as define and implement a measurement of acceptable staff performance in order to safeguard the Bank’s loan portfolio.
- Interact with auditors, loan review, compliance, and examiners to assist in Bank reviews and examinations. Follow up and correct any items addressed and ensure necessary changes or recommendations have been implemented as directed.
- Implement operation policies and procedures to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and internal compliance requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) data collection, reporting, editing and transmission are timely and accurately.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in specialized lending course work or training.
- Five or more years of loan operations experience with strong management/ supervisory experience along with extensive knowledge of core loan operating systems. COCC experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by the ability to interact both verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers. Demonstrated ability to use discretion, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Strong leadership skills with experience developing new staff in technical proficiency, increased production, and engagement with the organization.
Please note this is an on-site position based in Jewett City, CT. We do not offer work-from-home or hybrid work options.
Jewett City Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.